“Just Do It. It’s Much Easier to Apologize
Than to Obtain Permission.”
Easily my favorite quote in the world. I love it so much because I live
a happier life by following it.
Here’s what it means-
Do the things you want to / don’t want to do but
are scared to because it may offend someone.
- If you want to speak your mind, but are scared of hurting
someone’s feelings, do it.
- If you want to show up an hour late to work, do it.
- If you want to hit on that girl but not sure if she’s in a relationship,
- If you don’t want to stay a few minutes later, don’t do it.
- If you don’t want to turn in that assignment, don’t do it.
- If you want to eat the last piece of sushi on the plate, do it.
- If you don’t want to hold the door for her, don’t do it.
- If you don’t want to get her a valentine’s day gift, don’t do it.
- If you don’t want to call your family to ‘catch up’, don’t do it.
- If you want to drive your car at 100+ MPH, do it.
- If you want to take your shirt off, do it.
- If you don’t want to participate, don’t do it.
- If you want a face tattoo, do it.
- If you don’t want to be friends, don’t do it.
- If you want to be friends with ‘the gay kid’, do it.
- If you want to have sex with ‘the ugly girl’, do it.
- If you want to change the music at a party, do it.
- If you don’t want to go to your cousin’s wedding, don’t do it.
- If you want to eat beef but you’re Hindu, do it.
- If you want to dress like a ‘black person’ but you’re ‘white’, do it.
- If you want to skip straight to the front of the line, do it.
- If you want to park in the handicap spot, do it.
- If you want to take your dog inside the grocery store, do it.
- If you want to run the red light, do it.
- If you want to move abroad, do it.
- If you want to kiss her, do it.
- If you want to use the women’s restroom because the men’s is
occupied, do it.
- If you want to quit your job / school but your family will hate you,
- If you want to try illegal drugs, do it.
- If you want to ‘come out of the closet’, do it.
- If you want to grow your dick but your friends will think you’re
‘weird’, do it.
Some people confuse doing what you want with arrogance.
But it’s not that you feel as if you are more important than anyone else,
it’s just that you place higher emphasis on your own happiness
rather than anyone else’s.
No one in the world can make you happier than
It’s much easier to say “I’m sorry” later, than to live with the regret of
“why didn’t I just do it?”
Over the long-term, you will become a happier individual.
To get anything you want out of this world starts by
giving yourself permission to go get it.
You don’t need the approval of anyone.
Do you want to live the rest of your life pleasing others, or
satisfying your own needs?
It’s cool to be compassionate and feel empathy for others.
Arguably, the best feeling in the world is getting what you want; and
it starts by living for yourself.
When you live for yourself, people around you can adapt,
or they can get lost.
No one likes being around a people pleaser anyway. It’s annoying.
People like being around others who win at life and empower them
to stop living like a little bitch.
When you do what you want at all times, you instantly become an
authority. People don’t try to give you orders because
you aren’t built to take orders.
Your sex life will improve because women can not walk over you.
Rather than you trying to please them, every chance they get,
they try to please you.
You are willing to walk away at any time; and the moment you want
to, you do it.
You never feel the need to lie because you could care less if
someone gets offended by the truth.
Less people will try to ‘test’ you; guys will hesitate to challenge you.
You are not like everyone else. People take one look at you and see a
rebel to society, yet at the same time they see someone they envy.
They see someone they wish they could be.
How to start doing what you want?
Anytime at all you get a feeling somewhere along the lines of:
“Maybe I shouldn’t say / do that. What if (this person) doesn’t
like if I do this / or say that?
If at anytime you have the thought of doing something, but are
instantly struck with a conflicting thought of hesitation, YOU DO IT.
Sure, sometimes the person will not approve of your actions, but
that is besides the point. The point is, you did what you wanted to
do, and if you can live this way every single day, you are a man.
A man does what he wants. Period.
Girls / people like to give examples of what a man should be, and
little boys try to emulate that. But, a man doesn’t look for ways to be
a man, a true man simply does as he pleases at no discretion to
Are you a man?
Note: When you say “I’m sorry” you’re not actually ‘sorry’ you’re just
getting the person out of your face. Never apologize for doing what
you wanted to do. You will be sorry later if you don’t do what you want.
– Written by Brandon Ramlal™